We are so stoked to bring surfing to your family this summer! Please read all the information herein (in advance) for Forms, What to Pack, Check In/Out, Questions and Answers, Directions, and Other Links. There are important action items herein that will be required, before attending camp. Thank you for your patience, understanding, and co-operation during this process. Aqua Surf looks forward to surfing with your camper!
Forms (before attending)
- Liability Form with Covid Release Form (emailed)
- QR code for Faster Check-In (emailed)
What to Pack
- Swimsuit, Towel, Sun Hat and Sun Glasses
- Sun Block (SPF 50; lotion and facestick)
- Face Mask (optional)
- Reusable Water Bottle (extra water)
- Hand Sanitizer/Disinfectant wipes (also provided by Aqua Staff)
- Healthy Lunch with Snacks (Mandatory Requirement)
- Flip Flops (needed for hot sand)
- Wetsuit (if available)
To prevent crowding, patience and consideration is required in the Check In/Out areas. The check in process is quick and easy, be prepared for:
- Aqua Surf Staff will be prepared to check in your campers via digital device and answer questions
- Campers will be directed to their designated surf groups for an epic day of waves.
- During Check In/Out, parents are welcome to wait near/in their cars so campers may be escorted by staff.
Please simply signal our staff and be patient.
- 8:45am to 9:15am Check… in for Full, and AM session
- 11:45am to 12:15pm Check… out for AM session, and in for PM session
- 2:45pm to 3:15pm Check… out for Full, and PM session
How do I get the most out of my surf lesson?
Talk to your instructors before, or during the lesson about what you want to accomplish, experience, goals, and progress.
How do I prevent sunburn?
Apply generous amounts of sunblock before arriving at the beach. Pack a HAT. Use a surf-specific sunscreen (such as Zinka) on the cheeks, nose, and face (as needed). You may also purchase sunscreen from AQUA SURF (upon arrival) click here for details.
What else do I need to know?
We recommend secure swimsuits that hug your body. Swimsuits that will hold up against the elements are strongly advised.
Should I arrive early, and is there traffic?
We suggest arriving 15minutes early so you can fully prepare for your lesson. Traffic is unpredictable, and on hot summer days (especially weekends) you can count on beach/freeway/parking traffic. We usually book lessons back-to-back, so if you are late it will shorten your surfing time. If you are parking, there is a two-hour and an all-day beach parking lot. Both parking lots have machines that accept credit cards.
Do I need to tip surf instructors?
Gratuity for surf lessons is customary, but not required.
Other: Please refer to our POLICY for cancellations, reschedules, and refunds.
We encourage AQUA SURF students to stay connected with us via social media. Look out for our discounted winter lessons, spring break camps, birthday beach surf parties, and surfing trips. AQUA SURF teaches every day — all year round.
Please print and sign your Liability Form by clicking here or you can fill one out upon arrival.
Map & Directions
45th Street – El Porto (Manhattan Beach)
Our surf camp is located at the bottom of the ramp at 45th street. Our instructors will meet you there between 8:45am -9am for morning check-in, and 3:00pm for afternoon pick up. If you are dropping off or picking up at noon, please meet us on the beach by our AQUA SURF canopy near the lifeguard tower. We are near the address: 4499 The Strand, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
- Please refer to our POLICY for cancellations, reschedules, and refunds
- Check out our surf camp FAQS.